Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Is the Jackson 5 Alex Rodriguez? The Yankees?
In either case, the love is back...sorta. I feel oddly happy about this movement, actually. Count the blessings:
1) Alex Rodriguez would not be a Sox.
2) The Yankees would not have a chance of bumping up the price for Mike Lowell or signing him outright.
3) The New York tabloids will be entertaining for another year, especially the evil one. Evil and obsessive...all they do is think of you, Alex:
4) Scott Boras will be the first agent to negotiate himself OUT of the negotiations for a high-priced client! Brilliant.
But then, there's the problem:
5) A scary fucking (regular season) hitter would return to the Bronx.
Well, scary and hilariously competitive.
Yeah, come to think of it, sign him, New York. Sign him for fifteen years.