Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Sterling Variations: Hideki Matsui



When Hideki does good:

Hideki hi-decks that one out of here!
---
Domo arigato, Hideki ari-got it!
---
Moshi moshi and sayonara! Hideki moshi moshi MASHED it!
----
A Hiroshima from Hideki!*
---
JOHN
Banzai! Hideki threw himself into the left field wall with no concern for his life, taking one for the Emperor!

SUZY WALDMAN
George is calling himself the emperor now?

JOHN
As you would know if you had any rudimentary understanding of Japan, Suzy, I'm referring to Emperor Hirohito, Suzy. The allegiance the Japanese people still have for him being, of course, the reason we can't trust Japs. (beat.) Everyone knows that!

Fifteen seconds of dead air pass.
---

When Hideki does not good:

JOHN
And now Hideki is jawing with the umpire. I wonder if something is getting...Lost in Translation?

SUZY
God, I hate this job.

JOHN
Woman, don't make me turn your microphone off again like I did for the first 40 games this season.

SUZY
I'll be good.

*Look, the man does say "An A-bomb from A-Rod." And I like going too far, damnit. (See new comment on "The Sterling Variations: Derek Jeter.")

No comments:

Free Blog Counter